Choosing the best outdoor sign for your business is an important decision. Think about it: the first thing people will see when they pull up to your business is the sign. In fact, they will likely find your business the first time via your sign! That means it has to look great, send the right message and be able to withstand a wide range of weather.
So, when you’re considering stainless steel versus aluminum signage in Phoenix, AZ, don’t take this decision lightly. You want to make the best first impression possible. Read on to find out the benefits of both stainless steel and aluminum signage.
What makes a good sign?
Let’s start with the qualities that will make any sign stand out. After all, no matter your choice, you want to make sure the sign looks right:
- Size: A sign with text that’s not big enough to read at a distance is the biggest problem. You want to make sure anyone driving by can easily read the text on your sign.
- Readability: This is crucial. Don’t go with a fancy font or a whole bunch of text. Just a few words in a standard font will do the trick. Remember to keep it simple.
- Durability: If your sign gets knocked down in the first storm that rolls through town after you put it up, then it didn’t do its job. You want it made out of a material that will last the test of time.
Comparing stainless steel and aluminum
Luckily, both of these materials are good choices for signage. They will last for years to come and, with the right design, can serve your business well. Here’s more detail on how they compare:
- Cost: The fact is that aluminum is cheaper than stainless steel. So, if budget is a concern, you may want to consider an aluminum sign.
- Durability: Stainless steel is known for being strong and having the ability to withstand harsh climates. Strong winds will not knock down this material. Aluminum is able to withstand rain and heat, but its lifespan is a little shorter than that of steel.
- Weight: Aluminum is much lighter than stainless steel, making installation much easier.
- Aesthetics: Both of these materials will look good for signage. However, aluminum is easy to work with—cutting and forming it is a breeze—and therefore more customizable.
We hope this guide to stainless steel versus aluminum signage in Phoenix, AZ has helped you with your purchasing decision. Metal Pro Inc. has been serving as the region’s premier metal fabrication firm for more than 20 years. Our team of talented technicians can do it all—if you can imagine it, we can fabricate it.
Metal Pro Inc. offers a wide range of services, including plasma and flame cutting, tee rolling, angle irons and channel tube piping. We utilize press brakes, CNC plasma cutting, shearing tools and more. No matter how big or small your metal fabrication project is, we’re happy to help. Contact the custom fabrication professionals at Metal Pro Inc. to get started today!