Structural steel is commonly used in the construction industry, thanks to its superior strength, durability and adaptability. It’s a sustainable building material that’s frequently used in commercial construction projects, thanks to its cost efficiency. When you have a major construction project, working with structural steel is a no-brainer. Here are the benefits of structural steel in Phoenix, AZ:
- Durable and strong: Steel is one of the strongest building materials around, which makes it great for commercial construction projects. It’s able to withstand plenty of wear and tear from weather, weight and seismic activity. In fact, it can also be easily repaired after natural disasters, fires and other major issues. It’s strong enough to withstand buckling and warping, and can bear heavy loads with no trouble.
- Sustainable and safe: Green construction is more popular than ever, which makes steel a great material for building projects. The average structural steel component is made of 93 percent recycled material, and about 98 percent of all structural steel is recycled. What’s more, structural steel doesn’t lose its strength after recycling. Even the structural steel-making process is sustainable: it only takes 70 gallons of water to produce a ton of steel, and 95 percent of that water can be recycled afterward.
- Cost efficient: Using structural steel is one of the most cost-efficient ways to build a project. Since it’s strong and durable, you won’t need to replace the steel for decades to come, and because it’s lighter weight than other metal materials, it saves on construction time and labor costs. Contractors see a very high ROI when they work with structural steel, especially when working with prefabricated steel assemblies—there’s no need to weld, cut or fasten on site.
- Adaptable and customizable: When you build a frame with steel, that building can easily be built up later. Steel is able to bear heavy loads, so it can support more stories on top of the existing frame. It’s also easier to expand a building outward, thanks to the lack of obstructions and columns.
- Great for modern construction: If you love the look of modern buildings, structural steel is the way to go. It can easily be shaped into creative configurations, and because steel takes up less space than other building materials, it allows for more open designs.
- Precision construction: Steel also allows fabricators to use tight tolerances and precise designs, with none of the variation you might see in other building projects. This allows designers and architects to determine whether their designs will be stable and viable before they run into issues.
The benefits of structural steel in Phoenix, AZ can’t be overstated. This versatile and incredibly strong material is an ethical choice for any modern construction project, which is why it’s so popular around the globe.
Are you interested in structural steel fabrication? Metal Pro Inc. is your local metal fabrication shop. Reach out to us today to learn more about our fabrication processes, and let us know what kind of projects you have in mind.