Steel fabrication is an important part of manufacturing, construction and industrial services around the world. If you’re not familiar with the process, you might not realize what goes into making the buildings, airplanes, cars, construction and other components you use every day. Using local steel fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ is a great way to get your project done the right way, and allows you to supervise the process step by step.
What is steel fabrication?
Steel fabrication is the process of cutting, bending and assembling steel to form components, objects or structures. Here are some of the major processes involved in steel fabrication. Bear in mind that not every process will be right for your project, so be sure to ask what your fabrication shop recommends:
- Steel rolling: Steel rolling is used to flatten metal to provide a uniform thickness and flat surface. The sheets of steel are fed between two powerful rollers that provide different results, depending on which kind you use (beam, angle, plate or bar).
- Shearing: Shearing is the process of taking a block of steel and using lathes, drills or other tools to remove metal from a solid block.
- Plasma cutting: Plasma cutting sends a stream of plasma through electrically conductive materials, including steel. This allows for a precise cut at a quick speed.
- Flame cutting: Flame cutting is similar to plasma cutting, but it uses flame and oxygen at a high heat to cut the metal. This type of cutting can slice through steel several inches thick.
- Welding: Welding is the way fabrication shops join pieces of steel and other metals together. Metal filler is added to joints and then exposed to high heat, which allows the steel and filler to fuse as they cool.
How to choose the right steel fabrication shop
Making sure you find the right fabrication shop when you need steel fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ is paramount. When you’re looking for the best, there are a few key factors to consider. The most important is experience—you need a shop that is capable of performing the job to your standards. You’ll also want to inquire about their capacity, since different shops will have different workloads or equipment, and that can affect timing.
It’s always a good idea to ask around to see if your colleagues have experience with a particular shop—and online reviews can be a great source of information. Finally, consider their communication style. If you want to be closely involved with the project, you’ll want to pick a shop that provides great customer service.
Steel fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ
When you need a project done the right way, Metal Pro Inc. is your best choice. At Metal Pro Inc., we’re proud of our capabilities as a local full-service fabrication shop. We specialize in all areas of steel fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ, and thanks to the experienced professionals we employ, we’re able to perform this wide array of services to a level that’s simply unmatched by other shops. Call us today to talk about our services and get a quote on a custom job.