Metal fabrication is the name used to refer to creating metal structures or objects by cutting, pressing or bending metal. It’s often used to create machines and metal parts for heavy equipment. Typically, a metal fabrication shop will bid on a project based on your engineering designs, then assemble the structure or object using a variety of cutting, pressing and bending processes. Metal fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ are performed using a combination of manual and machine labor.
- Cutting: Cutting metal can be achieved by a number of different processes. The most common is shearing, but using different kinds of band saws and torches achieves similar effects. Depending on your project, different types of cutting may be more suitable than others.
- Bending: Bending and forming metal refers to the way fabrication shops will change the shape of the metal, using force without removing any metal, whereas machining uses lathes and other tools to remove material and create a new shape from a block of metal.
- Assembling: Welding is the most popular way to join metal parts. Welding uses high heat to melt the seams of the parts together, which will fuse as they cool. Metal filler is added to the joints in order to provide extra strength and support.
Why hire a local company?
- Work closely with the team: When you work with a local provider of metal fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ, you’ll have the opportunity to stay more involved with the project—it’s much easier to see what’s going on, step by step, and you’ll be able to give input as the project is cut, bent and assembled. This provides superior quality and results, as well as valuable peace of mind.
- Save time by staying local: Choosing a local metal fabrication shop is a great way to ensure that you’ll not only save time—after all, you’ll be able to pick up the project yourself (or have it delivered in a faster amount of time)—but money, too. Being on hand ensures that if any mistakes are made, you’ll have the opportunity to correct them before additional time and money are spent.
- Support the community: When you support local businesses, you support your local economy, and that’s always a great thing. By working with the metal fabrication shops in your community, you are ensuring your neighbors get paid, who then go out and support more local businesses in turn. Everyone wins.
High-quality metal fabrication services in Phoenix, AZ
Since 2000, Metal Pro Inc. has been Phoenix’s premier shop for metal fabrication projects of all types. Thanks to our highly experienced staff and state-of-the-art technologies and resources, we’re able to deliver nothing short of the highest quality results when it comes to plasma and flame cutting, tee rolling, angle irons, channel tube piping and more. We handle all sizes of projects, big or small, and draw on decades of experience to get you the products you need. Call us today to find out more or schedule a consultation to discuss your project.