Plasma cutters use high-velocity ionized gas streams to cut shapes into sheet metal. It is excellent for detail work and often very cost effective. Plasma cutting service in Phoenix, AZ offers advantages over other types of metal fabrication, and for some projects, it is truly the only option. Here are five reasons to hire a plasma cutting service:
- Fine detail: Signs, lawn sculptures and other display art must meet particular standards. This is especially true if you are decorating for your restaurant or other service-oriented business, although discerning homeowners also seek perfection in their requested pieces. If you seek a particular script, trademark or design, plasma cutting is often the best technique. A full metal fabrication shop will offer it and create your piece with an attention to detail that is fully backed up by plasma cutting technology.
- Thick material or layers: Plasma cutting cuts through any conductive material. This expands the types of metal that work with it, but also the thickness. Durability of materials does not affect detail, as the plasma stream can cut through it as well as it does sheet metal and other thinner material. CNC plasma cutting equipment can handle up to ½ inch of thick steel plate, and cut lengths can be as long as eight feet.
- Fast turnaround: Since there are few struggles with metal type or thickness, projects finish quickly. Also, plasma cutting allows for better control and accuracy, so there is less material waste and fewer time-consuming mistakes to fix along the way. When you order a plasma cut sign or statue, you are not only guaranteed lovely details, but also a short wait to receive your treasure. This can be essential when you have an upcoming business opening or need to replace a damaged sign.
- Best for fragile pieces: If a workpiece contains multiple parts that are held together by light welds or fragile material, adding further embellishment is fraught with challenges. Aggressively cutting details may pull the workpiece apart and delay completion due to repair needs. Since plasma cutting is no-contact, a metal fabricator can embellish without compromising the rest of the piece. This makes it an excellent option for more delicate projects that are created more for appearance than utility.
- Best recreations: If you have a drawing or design that you must have on a metal sign or other project, plasma cutting service is often the best way to recreate it. There are some designs that must be adjusted for the equipment and metal type, but the end result will be barely distinguishable. This is often the best choice when customers designed a logo or specialized drawing with little room for modification. Besides signs, artwork can even be converted to 3D sculptures thanks to the detail allowed by plasma cutting.
Metal Pro Inc. offers plasma cutting service in Phoenix, AZ along with our other metal fabrication services. We create everything from artwork to architectural embellishment. Check out our gallery to see what we can do, and then contact us to discuss your project.