Typically people focus on developing custom metal signage for the exterior of their businesses. However, more and more businesses are investing in metal interior signage as well for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is durability. These are signs that are built to last for decades.
Indoor signage, when used correctly, can add a lot to your interior design while also giving a boost to your branding. Signs can be used in reception areas, office spaces, retail spaces and anyplace else where customers frequently gather. The possibilities for these signs are endless—they can be simple text signs, or they can be complicated, beautiful pieces of art.
Here are some tips from our machine shop in Phoenix, AZ for getting the most impact out of custom metal signs in your business:
- Unleash your creativity: Don’t be afraid to get creative when designing aluminum signage. The technology has evolved to the point where there are really no longer many, if any, design limitations you need to worry about. As a general rule, you should ensure your signage complements the rest of the interior décor at your business—it should not feel out of place.
- Make it a branding opportunity: Signage in all forms can be a means of showcasing your brand’s identity and personality. Remember: signage is one of the ways you’ll be communicating with customers when they enter your business. So, it’s important to focus not just on the kinds of messages you want to convey, but how you’ll convey them, and how you want your customers to feel about your personality and the interactions they have with your brand. A business that sells children’s toys, for example, would likely want to use more colorful and whimsical designs and text. A law firm, however, would strive for much more professionalism in its designs and font choices, and neutrality in its color choices.
- Consider laser cutting: Laser cut signs add even more uniqueness and intrigue to the design of custom metal signage. These types of signs are perfect for labeling rooms and creating unique branding signs. Laser cutting is just one more way you can exercise your creativity with interior metal signage.
- Don’t try to do it all yourself: Creating aluminum signage isn’t as simple as getting some sheet metal and painting over it. There is a very specific process used for custom metal signage that will ensure its quality and durability for decades to come. Hire a professional to do the job. You can create a design yourself if you like, but the actual work should be done by professionals who have the right kind of equipment to complete the job correctly and safely.
- Consider where the sign will be most effective: Everything from the room in which you hang the sign to the height at which you hang it should be a factor. Keep in mind that for certain types of signs, you must follow ADA guidelines for signage mounting.
For more tips or to speak with one of the experts at Metal Pro Inc., contact our machine shop in Phoenix, AZ.