People often are under the mistaken impression that they can only get artwork printed on materials like paper and vinyl. However, it is also absolutely possible to get beautiful art printed on metal. Many companies offer HD metal printing services.
In this process, artwork is printed onto a type of transfer paper first. It is then attached to a coated sheet of aluminum, and the transfer paper and aluminum together get put through a heat press. This process allows the dyes in the transfer paper to be converted to a gaseous form, and those gaseous dyes are then pressed on to the aluminum sheet. Once the metal cools, the dyes return to a solid state to create a permanent press of text and images on to metal.
This is the process used for creating aluminum signage, but it can be used for any type of artwork. Here are a few of the biggest benefits of using this process, according to our machine shop in Phoenix, AZ:
- Durability: It will take quite a long time before your created images begin to fade even slightly. Meanwhile, with paper and vinyl, exposure to the sun can cause the artwork to fade rather quickly. Studies indicate fading only begins after about 100 years of exposure to sunlight. HD prints on metal are also scratch resistant. Because the dies are transferred underneath the aluminum coating, you can rest assured that the finished product will be far more durable than artwork produced on conventional paper or canvas. Plus, the graphics and text cannot be either peeled or scratched off!
- Variety of looks and uses: Metal prints will look as traditional or modern as you want them to. You can place them inside conventional frames, or you can suspend them with floating wall hooks. You can also display them indoors or out—their durability means you don’t have to worry about outdoor signs fading or becoming damaged.
- Resistant to heat: If you have a fire in your home or premises, your metal prints will be completely safe—they cannot be damaged by heat.
- Easily cleaned: You can’t clean paper or canvas nearly as easily as you can clean aluminum. Simply wipe off the surface! This will help you easily get rid of fingerprints or any other stains that pop up on the surface of the metal.
- Lightweight: People often worry about hanging up heavy works of art on their walls, especially if an extremely large frame is required. Aluminum is extremely lightweight, so you can add it on to your walls without any fear of it falling down or pulling out drywall.
These are just a few of the biggest reasons why we at Metal Pro Inc. love aluminum artwork. It is highly versatile, will last for many years to come and is easy to maintain. For more information about how you can get aluminum prints and artwork of your own, contact our machine shop in Phoenix, AZ. We look forward to working with you!