Aluminum is one of the most popular materials used in the sign business. But what exactly makes it such a great choice for your signage needs?
Here are just a few reasons why you should opt for aluminum signage from a machine shop in Phoenix, AZ:
- It is extremely strong and reliable: Aluminum provides outstanding strength and rigidity for your signage, despite it being rather thin and very lightweight. The thicker the aluminum you get, the greater its strength. Aluminum signs usually come in any of five thicknesses, with three being especially common. Thinner, smaller signs, typically used for real estate signage, tend to be made with .040 gauge thickness. Street signs, such as stop or yield signs around your neighborhood, are typically made with .080 gauge aluminum. Finally, the thickest of the common aluminum signs are used for construction sites or hazardous materials, these being .125 gauge thickness. All of these are outstanding options for avoiding splitting, warping and bowing.
- It is highly affordable: For the longevity you get out of an aluminum sign, you might expect it to cost more. On the contrary, aluminum is actually one of the most inexpensive materials you can use for a sign, beating out substrates like plastic and wood. As such, you can get quite a lot of value out of aluminum sign purchases, knowing you are paying a little for a whole lot of strength and sturdiness.
- It is easy to customize: You can pull off just about any type of design with aluminum signage. Say you want to do screen printing on top of an aluminum substrate. That’s not a problem at all! You can also apply vinyl lettering or add decals, or custom cut the aluminum into a unique shape. All of this helps to give your signage more personality.
- It has a professional appearance: Aluminum signs provide a professional, classy finish. Your choice depends largely on how you will use the sign, but you can choose from brushed, polished or mirrored finishes. This is one of the biggest reasons why professional office buildings tend to make heavy use of aluminum signs—not only do they not cost a whole lot of money, but they have an attractive and luxurious appearance!
- They are extremely versatile: Plastic, PVC and acrylic signs are not particularly recommended for use outdoors. However, aluminum signs can be used anywhere, indoors and out, and are able to withstand all types of weather (unlike wooden signs). Aluminum is waterproof and rust-resistant, which is the main reason why it is used for street signs—it will last for years without breaking down. This simply cannot be said for other types of sign materials. Indoors, there is no concern at all about the sign fading or breaking down, meaning it will last for decades.
These are just a few examples of the many benefits of aluminum metal signage. For more information about how to get metal signs for your business, contact our machine shop in Phoenix, AZ today.