As you look for the right machine shop for your business, you are probably focused on finding a partner you can work with for years to come. This process might feel rather overwhelming at first given the sheer number of options available.
Here are a few traits you should be particularly watchful for when looking for your ideal machine shop in Phoenix, AZ:
- Reliability: Quality work that’s delivered on time—what more could you possibly ask for out of a machine shop? You do not want to be kept waiting for unreasonable amounts of time when ordering manufacturing parts or components, as this could cause a delay to your project or operation. So it’s not just enough to make sure a machine shop does great work. It needs to be punctual as well, so you can avoid losing money and taking a hit to your reputation because of a delay in getting the parts you need. Features such as automatic reorders can enhance reliability and punctuality.
- Product warranties: If your chosen machine shop does not offer a warranty for its products, you should consider this a major red flag. If a manufacturer believes in the quality of its work, it should have no problem providing a warranty for its product. Talk to your chosen machine shop about what the warranty covers and how long it lasts.
- Free quotes: Machine shops should always be willing to provide free quotes for any job you wish them to take on. If they refuse to do so, you should consider this a red flag as well. They could be attempting to conceal their prices for some reason. There are plenty of machine shops available that do offer free quotes, so there’s no need to work with a company that does not.
- Non-disclosure policies: These policies are particularly important for companies that are developing new products or parts to be machined. You want to make sure that the machine shop you choose to work with does not purposefully or accidentally leak or sell off your designs to potential competitors or third parties. Non-disclosure agreements hold that machine shop liable and protect you from the ill effects of intellectual property theft. Any machine shop that is worth working with should be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement if you explain the circumstances of your project to them.
- Outstanding service: It’s essential to have a machine shop that performs reliable and punctual work, but it is especially nice to work with a machine shop that maintains open lines of communication and always keeps you updated about the progress of your project. Machine shops that are great with customer service and communication make it much easier to develop a long-term working relationship that will benefit both companies for years to come.
To learn more about what makes Metal Pro Inc. a great machine shop in Phoenix, AZ, we encourage you to reach out to our team today. We look forward to working with you.