Computer numerical control machining (CNC machining) has revolutionized materials handling and metalwork around the world. The technology involved with CNC machining also led to other technologies that make creating and handling materials easier than ever before. Here are ways that CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ will continue to facilitate a technological revolution:
- Better labor management: CNC technology integrates into a personal computer, which makes it accessible to anyone who can use technology well. This allows repetitive steps in projects—like cutting, routing, milling and drilling—to be transferred to other workers, while skilled workers can spend time on the intricate details that require a human touch. It allows more time for art elements while machines take care of the mechanical elements. Even the most embellished fixtures and art pieces will take less time to complete with the involvement of automation.
- Increased accessibility: A decade ago, CNC machines and other similar automation techniques were only found in high-end fab shops, leading edge factories and government applications. Now, it is affordable so smaller enterprises can enjoy its advantages, too. This is why CNC continues to expand into new markets and will also likely increase product opportunities for consumers.
- Improved 3D printing: Using metals, resins and plastics, 3D printing is becoming a national obsession. It is used for art and practical applications alike, and is quickly changing industries. The basis of 3D printing is CNC programming, and as it becomes more accessible, the possibilities will expand. Once, this was only used for prototypes, but it is quickly becoming apparent that 3D printed objects can perform their intended functions very well.
- More automation: CNC machining already performs the repetitive work that many workers do not enjoy. In other industries, there are CNC paint sprayers and etchers. Even in-store kiosks that etch pet identification tags or make copies of keys rely on CNC technology. Automation also expands to unexpected areas. Cake decorators use it to cover the more mundane details, and an experiment showed how CNC could paint eggs for Easter. It appears the uses for CNC are only limited by programming ability and imagination.
- Expanded consumer applications: There are CNC machines you can take home. Mobility is the key to this development, since there are homeowners who do not have shop space. You can take home a CNC machine that cuts wood, plastic and metal—and still fits on your kitchen table. That can definitely make some home improvement projects easier!
- Streamlined design: There are possibilities of CNC technology that can fit in your pocket for writing and drawing. The notes or sketches can translate to instant prototypes, as the mobile CNC unit communicates to a 3D printer at your office site and creates the object as you travel between sites. Imagine going on a business errand and having your prototype waiting for you at the office when you return!
CNC is definitely a boon to metal fabrication, too. To enjoy the benefits of CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ for your own materials, contact Metal Pro, Inc. We look forward to getting started on your project.