CNC machining is among our many metal fabrication services here at Metal Pro, Inc. Even after years in this business, it is still fascinating to see which industries benefit from our CNC machines and the products they create. Here are six common industries and applications for CNN machining in Phoenix, AZ that show just how revolutionary this development is in many types of manufacturing and design:
- Automotive: Many manufactured products reach their desired durability through purity. CNC machining can remove metal from raw material so it has the desired properties for a final product. In the automotive industry, shafts and gears require metal removal to have the right balance but also take on specific shapes. In car parts, the way things fit together is essential. Square components must have sharp edges, and round ones must be smooth to allow for good movement. Without this attention to detail, your car may not run as well. CNC machining makes that possible.
- Fabrications: Steel plates, rebar and other specific materials require CNC machining to stand up to the manufacturing process. CNC machines can shear, flame or plasma cut to create punch holes or the right edges for products. With the exact nature of CNC processes, these applications produce the perfection needed for the high standards expected of consumer and commercial products alike.
- Electrical discharge machining (EDM) industry: In EDM, machines remove metal by creating small sparks. This allows for a slower metal removal process that improves accuracy. In CNC automation, these can be vertical EDM or wire EDM. The vertical version makes cuts, while the wire one is used primarily for punch holes. Like with other methods, this assures precision for sensitive applications.
- Woodworking: CNC machining works great for metal, but can also be applied to wood products. Think of it as a high tech version of the wood burning projects you performed at summer camp decades ago—you can drill holes, add embellishment or mill wooden parts using programming and heat. Where artistic ability is lacking, the CNC program can make up for it in precise work.
- Lettering and engraving: Customers often request embellishment for their metal products. If they want to add initials or intricate details, that is made possible by CNC machining. While this may be primarily decorative, it can also have utilitarian purposes. You can put serial numbers on machine parts or add your company’s logo to a proprietary invention. Adding these features is not just a matter of vanity. It can make parts easier to identify and protect your intellectual property interests.
- Electrical: There are CNC machines designed primarily for electrical work. These make work easier for electricians, and many of these components are used in your home or business when you order electrical work. CNC coil winders make that task easier, since the machine is much more precise than anything human controlled. There are also CNC machines for terminal location and smoldering.
Metal Pro, Inc. is available for CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ and specializes in aluminum and other metal products. Call us today to discuss your project. We look forward to offering our assistance.