Work and recreational vehicles—like trucks, SUVs and Jeeps—can greatly benefit from upgrades to make them more work- or road-ready. Sure, there are many auto parts stores that will sell you a prefabricated upgrade, but why settle for something that may or may not keep up with your specific needs? Take a look at these six metal upgrades for your vehicle, and then run your upgrade project idea by skilled metal fabricators in Phoenix, AZ:
- Frame guards: Nothing is worse than downshifting to crawl over a rock, only to come down on your unprotected frame. Don’t wait until you hear the gut-wrenching crunch of your vehicle’s value dropping—investing in a custom metal frame guard can make all the difference in the world and allow you to off-road with less worry.
- Specialty bed boxes and accessories: Custom truck bed accessories can not only make your life easier, but they can help to protect your investments, too. Maybe you need a locking bed box for your tools, or a crate for your bird dogs—metal fabricators in Phoenix, AZ can make it happen.
- Custom roof racks: Forget the weak, one-size-fits-all racks you can get at big box stores—what you really need is a roof rack that will fit and keep up with your daily needs. Whether you are carrying lumber, work equipment or recreational gear, your roof rack should be able to do it all. Consider including adjustable tie points, pipe holders and locking hook points for anything and everything you need to haul.
- Custom roll cages: Just like generic roof racks, you shouldn’t trust the safety of yourself or your passengers to a prefabricated roll cage. With a custom, heavy-duty roll cage fitted to your off-road vehicle, you can hit the trails with one less thing to stress about. Consider custom touches like winch connection points, spotlight installation points and utility baskets.
- Access ladder: You may be used to climbing in and out of your lifted truck but, chances are, anyone not familiar with having to hoist themselves around could use a hand. If you commission a skilled metal worker, they can whip up access ladders and handles that will get everyone in and out more gracefully.
- Custom gun holds: You may have rifle cases and gun safes in your home to house your firearms, so why not install housing units in your vehicle? Note that gun racks are fine for use at home or in gun shops, but a rack for your truck is not as functional. Not only do they not provide protection for your firearms past your vehicle’s door locks, but they also alert would-be thieves to the fact that you own guns. Instead, an out-of-sight, heavy-duty locking vehicle case for your guns is a much better plan and can be customized for a range of weapons.
If you are thinking about a change for your vehicle, contact the team at Metal Pro Inc. to find out how our metal fabricators in Phoenix, AZ can help you with your project.