Going local for products and services is considered trendy in this day and age. However, it is also beneficial, and finding a machine shop in Phoenix, AZ is no exception to this rule. If you are considering where to find services for metal fabrication and machining, going local is your best bet. Here are five reasons why:
- Easier quality control: Quality control can be difficult if your project involves travel and shipment as well as objectives and end-product goals. It is always easier to monitor a project if it is being performed close by and long distances are not a factor in keeping you and your experts in the loop. While online communication is all the rage, in-person exchanges are still superior in many ways. Being able to visit the shop to inspect a project at different stages, speak face-to-face about expectations and point out any necessary changes leads to better quality work.
- Logistics: Do you really want to pay the costs of having equipment shipped out of state for repair? When distance is involved, you are not only paying for transportation but also for warehousing if you need to wait for your shipper to return to the area. Both of these services can drive up your costs quickly and make minor repairs or adjustments less bearable on your budget. However, if you choose a machine shop closer to your manufacturing site, moving parts or hiring on-site repairs becomes much less expensive.
- Improved communication: Challenges can arise during projects, and when that happens, we may have to collaborate with your engineers and designers. Choosing a local shop makes this collaboration easier because location can increase accessibility. If prototyping is required, for example, exchanging samples and discussing improvements becomes a less onerous task. Sometimes, it is even necessary for a client’s experts to come by the shop to assist or explain a vision better. That is much easier done when you partner with a local machinist.
- Support the local economy: Keeping people busy and employed in your community has benefits that go beyond the quality of services you receive. With consumers valuing good corporate citizenry more than ever, the fact that your enterprise hires out to a local shop can score high with them. It never hurts to work towards growing your immediate area.
- Good will: Going local means forming relationships. Your connection with a machine shop goes from an abstract search for services and into a strong partnership. You are both in the same area, perform in similar industries and know you can count on one another for clear explanations and effective expertise. Being a regular client for a local shop can even mean your requests are prioritized, or you can retain services at a discount. It is about rewarding consistency to produce a mutually beneficial link. These connections can even lead to more business in your direction.
Metal Pro Inc is a full-service machine shop in Phoenix, AZ with the equipment and experience to provide excellent workmanship and outstanding customer service. Call us today if you require assistance with a project.