If you have ever used parts made from CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ in your profession, then you already know that CNC machining is an affordable, consistent and effective way to maximize your manufacturing capacity. But one industry relies on CNC machining for much higher stakes than product sales or distribution. For years, the medical industry has counted on CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ and around the world to help mend bones, improve quality of life and even help keep patients alive longer. Here is a closer look at how medical CNC machining benefits doctors and their patients:
- Cardiovascular: Without a properly functioning heart, not much else matters in life. Precision CNC machining produces small synthetic devices that can help keep a heart beating in rhythm, and keep the arteries from becoming overly clogged. If you know someone with a pacemaker, chances are good that they benefit from CNC machining.
- Bone screws: Sometimes, a cast simply is not enough to completely mend a shattered bone. Precision screws for both small and large bones can help doctors realign and eventually heal bad fractures and breaks. CNC machining makes this extraordinary feat possible.
- Elbow and knee replacements: Because of how much flexibility they require, elbows and knees can be particularly difficult to fully mend or replace. CNC machining allows for highly accurate artificial replacements that can almost perfectly mimic the bends and movements of the human knee or elbow. Without CNC machining, millions of older Americans might be needlessly wheelchair-bound.
- Hip trauma and replacement: Chances are you have at least one elderly relative or friend who has benefited from a hip replacement. It turns out that each of those people owes their mobility and comfort to CNC machining. This is another example of a now common medical procedure being made possible by the versatile CNC machining industry.
- Ophthalmology surgery tools: When you have a problem with your eyes, you risk losing your entire sense of sight. An eye is a highly complex part of the human anatomy, and as such it requires very precise tools to work on it. Fortunately, CNC machining makes it possible to mass-produce accurate, precise and consistent ophthalmology surgery tools.
- Pelvic reconstruction: Pelvic trauma can be one of the most painful injuries people experience, and one of the most difficult to recover from. In the past, it was virtually impossible to fully recover from a shattered pelvis. Thanks to CNC machining, that has turned into a highly attainable possibility for patients.
- Spine realignment: The spine is another highly sensitive and crucially important part of your body. With such high stakes, medical professionals need to be able to rely on precise and consistent synthetics and surgery tools, and that is just what CNC machining can provide.
CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ is more than just an abstract manufacturing method—it is a groundbreaking process that can greatly improve, and even sometimes save, medical patients’ lives. For more information on what CNC machining can do for you and your industry, get in touch with Metal Pro Inc. today.