If you are looking into using CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ, then you likely already know what it is and what it can do. CNC, or computer numerical control, machining applies digital precision and repeatability to more traditionally analog or rustic work. Although you already know this, you might be wondering what the most common or useful applications of CNC machining are. As a business that offers CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ, we have seen the process work for a number of different purposes and industries. Here are some of the most typical things you could potentially do with CNC machining:
- Metal removal: If you have ever tried to strip metal before, you know it can be a time consuming, difficult and uneven process. Fortunately, CNC machining makes it exponentially easier and more effective. If you are using drilling, milling or boring machines to strip metal away, using a CNC tool to operate these other tools will add ease and consistency to the job.
- Electrical discharge machining: EDM, or electrical discharge machining, is often used when removing metal. It works by applying electrical sparks to the metal, which makes it easier to chip or peel off. EDM is an innovative and effective tool in and of itself, but when combined with CNC technology, it becomes even better. Think of EDM and CNC like chocolate and peanut butter: they are both great by themselves, but even better when used in combination.
- Metal fabrication: In addition to removing metal, CNC machining can also be used in the metal fabrication process. Many manufacturing plants use plane metal plates as the starting point for different parts of the complex tools they build. CNC machining makes it easy to bend, ply, or punch holes in these plates to ensure that they fit perfectly into the larger finished product. Another advantage to CNC machining is that its digital precision ensures very few errors on the manufacturing line.
- Woodworking: Though CNC is primarily used with metal, many woodworkers have also found a lot to like about this innovative technology. Whether they are drilling, milling or shaping their wood, woodworkers can take advantage of the precision and consistency of CNC machining to ensure they have a great finished product every time.
- Lettering and engraving: Finally, the typically utilitarian CNC machining also has a more aesthetic application: lettering and engraving. If you have to put the same lettering on hundreds of identical products, the chance of inconsistency runs high. Fortunately, CNC machining offers an easy, affordable and precise solution. We can also program it to write in any style you wish.
Whatever you choose to use CNC machining for, you will likely be impressed with the quality, precision and consistency our state-of-the-art CNC tools have to offer. If you would like to learn more about the functions and possibilities of CNC machining in Phoenix, AZ, feel free to get in touch with the team here at Metal Pro, Inc. anytime. We look forward to making your projects easier and more consistent.